cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error trying to upgrade SOurcefire to version 6

andy_4578
Level 1
Level 1

We're currently running Sourcefire 5.4.1.5 on both our Management Center and Sensors.  When we try to upgrade to version 6 we get the following error.....

"No valid appliances available for Sourcefire 3D Device Virtual64 VMware Upgrade 6.0.0-1005

This update is intended for software versions greater than or equal to 5.4.0.1 and less than 6.0.0-1005"

The error doesn't make sense as we are running a version greater than 5.4.0.1, has anyone come across this before?

The version 6 upgrade file has uploaded to the management center without any problems.

Thanks

12 Replies 12

Pujita Patni
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy,

You are certainly meeting the minimum version criteria to upgrade to 6.0.

Can you please provide me a screenshot from the Update page on the FMC please.

Thanks,

Pujita

Hi Pujita,

I've attached a screen shot of what were getting.

Thanks

Andy

Andy,

Are you using a physical appliance or a virtual appliance? 

I am having the same issue on a virtual appliance with code 5.4.1.3 running on the defense center. 

Here is a screen cap of my appliance with the pre-install applied that still produces the error when trying to upgrade to 6.0

Hi Tim,

I would recommend you review my post to the OP.

~Cheers

I have same Error, i was increase ram of firesight to 8Gb but nothing change. every one help me Plz. 

Your DC is on 5.4.0, you must be on a *minimum* of 5.4.1

Update to 5.4.1.5 while you're at it, then upgrade to v6.

!!!!!!!!!

NOTE

!!!!!!!!!!

There is a "preinstall" patch you must install prior to installing the the v6 upgrade.

thanks miculp!

i am install directly the v6.0 and success. :)

miculp
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy,

Please post a screen shot of your device management page.

Before going to v6 you must upgrade your DC first. I don't see the correct file in your upgrade menu in order for you to do this. First please locate/download from the support site and upload a file named:

"Sourcefire_3D_Defense_Center_S3_Upgrade-6.0.0-1005.sh"

Before attempting to install this upgrade, take a snapshot of your VM, copy recent backups off the DC, and increase the memory to 8G. If your support contract is current you may want to open a preemptive case to be prepared if something goes awry.

After your FMC is at v6, then you can proceed with upgrading your Firepower modules and virtual Sensors to v6. Please review release notes for code compatibility on your ASA and Firepower module. Remember to push policy before trying to upgrade a sensor after upgrading an FMC.

~ Cheers

I had exactly this issue.

You would think that the upgrade file is the one at the top of this chain. VMware 3D defense center, running on VMware, but no. The correct file this the one miculp has posted above. You can tell its the right file as its about 1.46 GB and not 1.1 GB. Issue now flagged as resolved from my perspective.

Upgrade and update files are sorted in descending order of version number and then by date/time of upload. When selecting updates you can identify which device it's for in the file name.

Device = Series3 or AMP devices

Defense Center = Defense Center

Device Virtual = Virtual Sensor

Network Sensor = Firepower module

~Cheers

ankojha
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have seen the same error in various cases and the issue was resolved by manually uploading the image file rather than using the pre downloaded one.

It could be the issue with MD5 checksum for the image file as well.

Thanks,

Ankita

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card