cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower 6.2 ASDM Control Policy Issues

mabouchard
Level 1
Level 1

I have upgraded Firepower to 6.2 on a new 5506-x firewall. I am having issues with the policies. The documentation says that there should be "Create Policy" button. I do not have one. I decided to just go ahead and add rules to the "Default Allow All Traffic" policy. I added some URL filtering and Options for Security Intelligence but they do not seem to be applied. I have successfully saved and deployed and still nothing. I feel that I am missing something simple here but nothing seems to work. Also in the default policy I am not able to add the Intrusion Policy to the inspection. It is listed as "none" and I am not able to change it. Can someone please steer me in the right direction.

Thank You.

2 Replies 2

mabouchard
Level 1
Level 1

One other note. In firepower configuration under Local-->Configuration--> Information There is a screen with serial number, versions, IP address, etc. The current Policies field is blank. When I go to the Access Control Policies there is the default policy like I said prior.

Hi There,

I suppose, you are using ASDM to manage the firepower. With that you should be able to use the default access control policy to configure rules and control it as there is only 1 device which would be controlled from there.

Other issue is policy deployment failure as it seems policy deployment does not finish successfully  and that's the reason you don't see current policy.

Check the task status under monitoring>firepower>task status and check if there is any error when you deploy policy.

Thanks

Yogesh

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card