cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Policy Apply failing from FMC 6.2.2

jack lee
Level 1
Level 1
Dear all, The FMC show messages similar to "Deployment failed due to configuration error . If problem persists after retrying, contact Cisco TAC. Our FMC version 6.2.2, with this error, we cannot add or modify the policy. I see the bug CSCvb93301 , but our version is not meet it and the workaround is not my issue. The failure is in the following attachment.
5 Replies 5

yogdhanu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jack,

Its too early to say anything based on the error on GUI.

Login to FMC CLI and elevate to root mode and check the pigtail logs.

>sudo su

>pigtail deploy

Let it run until deployment fails and then check the logs (they would be huge) which would provide better understanding of the failure.

Hope it helps,
yogesh

why? > system support tail-logs sudo: /cisco/cli/bin/log_tail.py: command not found

david.campeau
Level 1
Level 1

FYI -- We are running 6.2.2.2 and get deployment failures as well (from time to time). We have to re-deploy and the 2nd time it has always deployed correctly.  

The error message is different though, but still same result in the deployment failing.

We have version 6.2.3. (bulid 83) and get almost very similar error message - "due to communication failure with device". The FPW device is connected to FMC - FMC show interfaces etc, device's command "show manager" shows Registration Completed. The command pigtail show some Java errors. I will try to upgrade FMC to some newer version.

My current FMC version is:

Copyright 2004-2018, Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Cisco is a registered trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc.
All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Cisco Fire Linux OS v6.2.3 (build 13)
Cisco Firepower Management Center for VMWare v6.2.3.10 (build 59)

Does it mean that my current version is older than  version 6.2.3. (bulid 83).  Which patch is version We have version 6.2.3. (bulid 83)?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card