Views
Helpful
Replies

URL Filtering for Youtube

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears,

I have a query related to URL filtering, we have enabled a youtube for specific users and these were working fine with streaming category,, in my other rule (  internet allowed website) I found the uncategorized category is also allowed which is not a good practice so I removed the uncategorized category and now the users who have been allowed youtube by a specific rule is not working what I sort it out was that there are many advertisement sites opening with youtube which gets blocked by uncategorized url and also youtube gets blocked with them, I specifically enabled those URL's with the youtube rule  but still it doesn't work, when I added uncategorized with the youtube rule then youtube  started working

any hints how I can solve the issue.

thanks

2 Replies 2

yogdhanu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Adam,

I would suggest to add few more URL's to be allowed. add "ytimg.com" , "googlevideo.com"

If that does't work, check the connection events for each URL which is allowed and see if there is something related to google which is getting blocked.

Hope it helps,

Yogesh

Dears yogdhanu,

so you are saying that whenever a youtube is opening along with youtube other websites such as ytimg.com" , "googlevideo.com website are also opening so I have to permit these websites also ?? also I just checked in the url category for the url ytimg.com it belongs to Infrastructure  I was not able to identify the number of other website with youtube do u had came across such problem for youtube.

thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card