cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtual Defense Center cannot be deployed - manifest file error regarding untrusted content

gvoden4prez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to deploy FireSIGHT virtual defense center but I keep getting an error which seems to be coming from the Manifest file.

It is complaining that the SHA1 hash of the .ovf and .vmdk files does not match the actual file. I re-downloaded the tar.gz file multiple times and the MD5 hash verifies ok. The archive unzips fine. Tried multiple versions, 5.4.1, even 6.0.0 and they all come back with the above error so I cannot even deploy the appliance in vSphere. Is it possible that Cisco has posted VM images that contain incorrect manifest files? Or perhaps manifest files that are signed by a certificate that is not trusted by most computers out there? I really need to get this up and running quick...

3 Replies 3

Dinesh Verma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

1. Can you let me know the exact error you're getting while deploying?

2. Where exactly you're deploying this?

Operating Environment Prerequisites:

You can host 64-bit virtual appliances on the following hosting environments:  

VMware ESXi 5.5 (vSphere 5.5)

VMware ESXi 5.1 (vSphere 5.1)

VMware vCloud Director 5.1

Regards,

Dinesh Verma

Sunil Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which tool are you using to extract the file? I have seen the issue with Winzip which breaks the file while extracting. 

There is a setting in WinZip that is on by default. WinZip Options > Advanced > ‘TAR file smart CR/LF conversion' Deselect this option then it won't break TAR files.

Extraction the file with option (CR/LF) has more file size than disable this option. It might be the reason of integrity check failure.

I would recommend using the tool (7 zip) to extract the file.

I was using Winzip and although it doesn't break the MD5 of the tar.gz it affects the SHA1 hashes. Solution was to delete the .mf files before importing via vCenter. That way vCenter doesn't produce an error. Thank you for helping.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card