Views
Helpful
Replies

2 Wan Links

avburren1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'am using ASA5510 and I would like to know if we can configured 2 WAN Links which work simultaneously.

I explain,
Actually we have 1 WAN, 1 DMZ and 1 LAN. The WAN links is a SDSL 2M link.We want to add a simple ADSL Wan link only for HTTP Access.
The Users go out on the Internet thanks to a LAN Proxy configured in the users Internet Browser.
The ACL in the ASA only allowed this Proxy Address to use port 80.

Is it possible to add a second WAN link and to configure the Firewall in a way that the Proxy Address only used this Link ?

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

the requirement is a bit tricky here, since ASA does not support load-balancing that you are planning to do, reason being, first, there can only be one default route on the ASA, two you cannot do source based routing on the ASA. I would say it is a not supported thing, but just a workaround, which you can try but its your call. Check this doc;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15622

Hope that helps,

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

Thanks for the doc. I think I will not try to apply the workaround in a production environnement.

But It's Interresting to read it.

Yes, it is intersting and that the whole point it is risky as well in a production environement, since its not a supported configuration.

Thanks,

Varun

Please do rate helpful posts

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card