cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5510 Active / Standby

ctd_77801
Level 1
Level 1

So I've got a 5510 Active/Standby pair setup.

I'm looking to upgrade from 8.4.4 to 8.4.7 for the heartbleed fix.

I'm doing this remotely and have a laptop with a console cable connected to the standby unit.

This is what is confusing me.  When I do a show run on the standby unit it looks like I am in the active unit.

I set up the standby unit with a .10 on the management, but after it went as the standby I can only get the .9 on the active.

Is there anything I can do to verify I am actually on the standby unit?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First off, Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance software is confirmed as NOT vulnerable to the "heartbleed" bug. Please verify this by checking the official Cisco Security Advisory.

To confirm what unit you're on, I usually set the prompt to include the state (Active vs Standby = act or stby). Here's a link to the command reference on that.

The other method you can use is to simply type "show failover" that will give you details including the state of the host you're on - be it Primary or Secondary, Active or Standby.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First off, Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance software is confirmed as NOT vulnerable to the "heartbleed" bug. Please verify this by checking the official Cisco Security Advisory.

To confirm what unit you're on, I usually set the prompt to include the state (Active vs Standby = act or stby). Here's a link to the command reference on that.

The other method you can use is to simply type "show failover" that will give you details including the state of the host you're on - be it Primary or Secondary, Active or Standby.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card