Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

5585-X SSP processor architecture

Does anyone have something they can post an excerpt from "sh ver" on a 5585-X? I'm really curious about the new CPU architecture. Our 5540's and 5520's had a Pentium 4 2.0 GHz CPU. I can't find hardware specs ANYWHERE for the CPUs in any of the SSP modules (SSP-10,20,40,60).                  

Everyone's tags (3)
4 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Hi,

Example from an ASA5585-X SSP20

Hardware:   ASA5585-SSP-20, 12288 MB RAM, CPU Xeon 5500 series 2133 MHz

1 CPUs, 8 cores

- Jouni

Ok, so it looks like the Xeon Nehalem flavor of CPU with tri-channel memory. I got some info showing the SSP-10 has only 6GBof RAM vs 12GB for the SSP-20. Does anyone know if the CPUs are different as well? There is a big price difference between the two, and I can't see 6GB of DDR3 RAM being the sole factor.

Anyone else have any info?

Super Bronze

Re: 5585-X SSP processor architecture

Hi,

I would suggest registering at the Cisco Live! 365 Site. It has a lot of documents and actual presentation videos from the Cisco Live! events.

https://www.ciscolive365.com/connect/publicDashboard.ww

Here is one that might atleast partially answer your question

https://www.ciscolive365.com/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=4378

Here is picture of one of the slides (click to enlarge)

Hope this helps

- Jouni

After seeing reply below and

After seeing reply below and then investigating, it looks like the SSP-10 uses the dual core (with Hyper-Threading) E5505 CPU. The SSP-20 uses the E5506 CPU (quad core w/HT). Maybe when these first came out, I might be able to see some of the markup. Now, if you need more CPU power and the ASA is out of warranty, you can go to a reputable vendor and buy a better CPU for less than $200.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content