Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)

6500 VSS FWSM Question

Hello,

I have a question regarding license with dual 6500's for an FWSM with VSS. If I'm running VSS does the 6500 see the FWSMs as two separate firewalls., or still as one. I ask because of the fail over for it that I would like to setup. Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

It's pretty much two separate

It's pretty much two separate firewalls from the VSS's point of view. There are some nuances that are explained in depth in this white paper.

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

It's pretty much two separate

It's pretty much two separate firewalls from the VSS's point of view. There are some nuances that are explained in depth in this white paper.

Thanks Marvin.

Thanks Marvin.

Dear MarvinI want to apply

Dear Marvin

I want to apply license to increase security context in FWSM which is running in Active-Active mode on VSS Core switches

As per below document, first we need to disable failover by entering 'no failover' command on active FWSM and then apply the license seperately on both FWSM.

I just want to know when i will disable the failover then standby move to pseudo-standby state. 

Will there be any services impact which are running behind the FWSM when disbaling the failover and then re-enabling the failover.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/fwsm/fwsm40/configuration/guide/fwsm_cfg/swcnfg_f.html#wp1073226

Appreciate your response.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content