Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

8.0 to 8.2 upgrade: ¿would it affect configuration and/or licensing?

Hello team:

I am planning the upgrade of an ASA 5550 Active/Passive cluster from 8.0 to 8.2 according to the "zero downtime upgrade" documentation available in the web.

I do not have another cluster for comprehensive testing, but I executed a simple migration procedure on a tiny 5505 and neither licensing features nor the configuration (the command sintax) were affected by this process. I know this is something to care about if you go to 8.3, but this is not my case.

I browsed the release notes of 8.2(5) and no special disclaimer was found by me with respect to this release. So everything should work just fine, but I would like to double check for input with respect to these two subjects:

1.  ¿Will the licensed features (vpn, concurrent connections, etc) be preserved?                 

2. ¿ Will the configuration be preserved ?

Your recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Rogelio Alvez

Argentina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

8.0 to 8.2 upgrade: ¿would it affect configuration and/or licen

An ASA 8.0 to 8.2 upgrade should not affect configuration or licensing. I have done it many times without any problem. Just follow the published procedure carefully and you will be fine.

While you are working on the boxes, I recommend putting ASDM 6.4(7) on them (if it is not already in use) as it is the recommended version for all 8.x releases.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

An ASA 8.0 to 8.2 upgrade should not affect configuration or licensing. I have done it many times without any problem. Just follow the published procedure carefully and you will be fine.

While you are working on the boxes, I recommend putting ASDM 6.4(7) on them (if it is not already in use) as it is the recommended version for all 8.x releases.

Thank you Marvin! I just wanted to double check with someone that have experienced such un upgrade.

And, yes. I was planning to move the current ASDM to 6.4(7) as well.

Best regards, Rogelio

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content