Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

8.4 SNAT from Outside

Hi

Could anyone tell me why this statement does not work? (No real IPs useD) DMZ Interface is 10.0.0.1/24

nat (outside,dmz) source dynamic any  interface destination static OBJECT-01 OBJECT-01

!

object network OBJECT-01

host 10.0.0.2

nat (dmz,outside) static 1.1.1.1 dns

Also tested:

nat (outside,dmz) source dynamic any  interface destination static OBJECT-01-out OBJECT-01-in

!

object network OBJECT-01-out

host 1.1.1.1

!

object network OBJECT-01

host 10.0.0.2

It works fine as following:

nat (outside,dmz) source dynamic any PAT-DMZ destination static OBJECT-01-out OBJECT-01-in

!

host 10.0.0.254

!

host 1.1.1.1

!

object network OBJECT-01

host 10.0.0.2

Thank you

1 REPLY

8.4 SNAT from Outside

Hello,

1-Can you share the PAT-DMZ host

2- Why are you performing 2 different nats for the same purpose, I mean you are already letting the ASA now that if any outside users on the outside contact this ASA for the Ip address of Object-01 (1.1.1.1) the destination should be untranslated to 10.0.0.2 and the source should be translated to the PAT-DMZ ip.

So from my point of view you only need this:

nat (outside,dmz) source dynamic any PAT-DMZ destination static OBJECT-01-out OBJECT-01-in

With that line you are translating both the source and destination on one single line,

Let me know If I understood the question properly

Regards,

Julio

Looking for some Networking Assistance? Contact me directly at jcarvaja@laguiadelnetworking.com I will fix your problem ASAP. Cheers, Julio Carvajal Segura http://laguiadelnetworking.com
Views
Helpful
Replies