cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access external OWA site from behind ASA

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

I know that I've run into this before but I can't remember the fix.  I have a 5510.  The 3 interfaces involved are INSIDE, OUTSIDE, and GUEST. Corporate users are allowed to put their iPhones on the Guest network, but the problem is that their Exchange ActiveSync stops working.  It is tied to the external DNS name of the OWA server (we'll say webmail.abc.com).  So the users are funneled out one public IP on the OUTSIDE interface and are trying to communicate with the outside of the OWA server, which is NATed to another public IP on the same outside interface.  What do I need to do on the ASA to allow users on the guest network (behind the GUEST interface) to access the mail server using its public IP (behind the INSIDE interface)

1 Reply 1

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Assuming that the Public IP address of webmail.abc.com is 20.20.20.10 and its private is 10.10.10.10, then apply the following:

static (inside, GUEST) 20.20.20.10 10.10.10.10

Let me know how it goes and the version you are running.

Mike

Mike
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card