Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Access-list Implementation

Dear All;

It is very easy topic;

i have router 2800 series directly connected to internet and PIX 525 is behind this router. the e1 of PIX is connected to my internal router 2800. i configured these devices in such a way that my intranet work is totally behind the PIX 525. but External router is directly connected to internet cloud. now i need to receive desired SNMP, TELNET, traffic to my internal server/PC. i try to use different access-lists on my PIX bt PIX doesnt allow SNMP traffic to come in and it doesnt work. i know this issue would be solved by correct access-list implementation.

please guide me in this senario.

regards

Soshomile

2 REPLIES

Re: Access-list Implementation

Dear All;

(2nd Request)

It is very easy topic;

i have router 2800 series directly connected to internet and PIX 525 is behind this router. the e1 of PIX is connected to my internal router 2800. i configured these devices in such a way that my intranet work is totally behind the PIX 525. but External router is directly connected to internet cloud. now i need to receive desired SNMP, TELNET, traffic to my internal server/PC. i try to use different access-lists on my PIX bt PIX doesnt allow SNMP traffic to come in and it doesnt work. i know this issue would be solved by correct access-list implementation.

please guide me in this senario.

regards

Soshomile

Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: Access-list Implementation

Hi

Can you send copy of pix config minus any senstitve info so we can have a look at config.

Couple of other questions

1) Does your pix outside interface have a public IP or are your port-forwarding from your router ?

2) Do you see any hits on the access-list on the pix ?

3) Could you give us some IP address details such as destination server for the SNMP/Telnet traffic and from what source ?

Jon

Views
Helpful
Replies