cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access-lists with tpc-udp object-group

jsaumer2006
Level 1
Level 1

I am converting from my pix to a ASA 5505.

I am having issues making an access list that includes a tcp-udp object-group.

Is there a recommended practice for doing this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You don't defined in your post where network group hosts are comming from nor where is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx host, but looking at your acl name outside_access_in I will assume xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is an inside host and your network group are hosts from the outside , the inbound rule will read as:

access-list outside_access_in extended permit tcp object-group Test_Group host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx object-group Test

access-list outside_access_in extended permit udp object-group Test_Group host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx object-group Test

in above permit tcp and upd inbound rules example you must use network object group follow by destination host inside xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx follow by service tcp-udp test object-group

Jorge Rodriguez

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

These are the guidelines.. you can create service group that includes tcp-udp ports but when creating the access list for example an inbound acl you must specify in your permit rule either udp or tcp, so you will need two access-list for each the udp and tcp protocol using same sevrice tcp-udp group.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/command/reference/no.html#wp1750094

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

When I try and make the access list entry it is giving me the following error message in the ASDM

[ERROR] access-list outside_access_in line 4 extended permit object-group Test_Group object-group Test host xxx.xx.xx.xxx

specified object group has wrong type; expecting protocol type

The object-group Test is in the config as the following:

object-group service Test tcp-udp

port-object range 20 21

port-object eq 22

port-object eq 55

port-object eq 5631

port-object eq 5632

port-object range 9500 9505

port-object eq www

The Test group is made as the following:

object-group network Test_Group

network-object host Test_3

network-object host Test_2

network-object host Test_1

network-object host Test_4

Thanks in advance

You don't defined in your post where network group hosts are comming from nor where is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx host, but looking at your acl name outside_access_in I will assume xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is an inside host and your network group are hosts from the outside , the inbound rule will read as:

access-list outside_access_in extended permit tcp object-group Test_Group host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx object-group Test

access-list outside_access_in extended permit udp object-group Test_Group host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx object-group Test

in above permit tcp and upd inbound rules example you must use network object group follow by destination host inside xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx follow by service tcp-udp test object-group

Jorge Rodriguez

I think my problem was that I was using the ASDM top put in the rules.

Using the command line, I didn't have any issues.

Thanks for the guidance.

Jayson, glad worked out .. PLS rate helpful post if helped.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card