Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

ACS SE & CSACS for windows

Hello Friends,

If i order  Access Control Server Solution Engine (ACS SE) CSACS-1120-K9, i should'nt order a CSACS for windows  CD,????? Is it ACS server is built-in in ACS SE no need of installing  windows OS and on top of that ACS server ,i m confuse regarding the  product.

Can  anybody help me for this,i have been through the cisco web site but not  pretty sure regarding these two product.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: ACS SE & CSACS for windows

adamgibs7 wrote:

Hello Friends,

If i order  Access Control Server Solution Engine (ACS SE) CSACS-1120-K9, i should'nt order a CSACS for windows  CD,????? Is it ACS server is built-in in ACS SE no need of installing  windows OS and on top of that ACS server ,i m confuse regarding the  product.

Can  anybody help me for this,i have been through the cisco web site but not  pretty sure regarding these two product.

Thanks

Adam

The ACS Solution Engine is a dedicated appliance that runs the ACS software so no you don't need to purchase a separate version for windows.

Jon

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

adamgibs7 wrote:

Hello Friends,

Thanks

Adam

The ACS Solution Engine is a dedicated appliance that runs the ACS software so no you don't need to purchase a separate version for windows.

Jon

Community Member

Thanks Jon,

Community Member

Although now buying the 5.x version would be a better bet. (Which is also available as a vmware appliance).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content