Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

active/standyby failover with preempt in single context mode

I have configured asa 5540 with failover  it is in single context and routed mode.Now i want to configure preempt in failover config so that my active firewall should again regain its active status when things become normal after failover.I am aware it works in active/active mode just need to find if any workaround.

• Firewalling
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: active/standyby failover with preempt in single context mode

vinod.mali@orange-ftgroup.com

I have configured asa 5540 with failover  it is in single context and routed mode.Now i want to configure preempt in failover config so that my active firewall should again regain its active status when things become normal after failover.

I'm afraid you can't do this with active/standby. Preempt in failover is only available in active/active or muticontext mode.

Jon

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: active/standyby failover with preempt in single context mode

vinod.mali@orange-ftgroup.com

I have configured asa 5540 with failover  it is in single context and routed mode.Now i want to configure preempt in failover config so that my active firewall should again regain its active status when things become normal after failover.

I'm afraid you can't do this with active/standby. Preempt in failover is only available in active/active or muticontext mode.

Jon

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.