Views
Helpful
Replies

add route problem in ASA ver 7.2

emad.silicon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dear All :

my case is verey simple but it is dos not work , well I have an ASA5520 connected to two windows ISA2004 servers

the inside interface of asa and the two interfaces of ISA2004 all are in the same subnet and all ping each auther

the problem was I add two routes to some network behaind the ISA2004 one with Metric 1 pointing to ISA2004-1 and the auther with Metric 2 pointing to

ISA2004-2 , ok from ASA I can ping that subnet becuase I get it from ISA2004-1 but when I shutdown the interface of ISA2004-1 , I lost connectivity to that subnet , it sould still ping and work becuase I have two routes , the ASA don't remove the first route from routing table and don't put the 2nd address of the ISA2004-2.

so friend how can I make ASA change the routing table automatic.

I will be happy if any one help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Emad,

Thanks for rating friend, nice to hear that it works like you want :)

Regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

husycisco
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Emad

You should configure IP SLA monitor

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00806e880b.shtml

If you cant mange to make it work, attach your running config and let me do it for you.

Regards

---------------

Please rate posts if helped you. Please go on collaborating with experts if it didnt help.

Hi Dear Husy:

I would like to say thanks for your help I did as you say and configure my ASA now it is work like I want , I rate to you friend.

Emad Farag CCIE#20099 (security)

Hi Emad,

Thanks for rating friend, nice to hear that it works like you want :)

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card