Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allow internet access without using 'any' with ASDM

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is an 'easy' way of allowing a host on a DMZ access to the internet (HTTP) but without allowing it access to the internet LAN (also HTTP).

To clarify the scenario, you have an ASA with 3 interfaces. Internal, DMZ, Outside. Lets assume NAT is sorted so can ignore any NATing. I want to allow a host on the DMZ access through the ASA to the internet (over TCP 80), but don't want that same host to have access to the LAN over TCP 80.

I maybe wrong but if you add a rule on the DMZ ACL, (source = host on the DMZ to have access to the internet, destination = any (internet), Service TCP 80) would this not also give the host on the DMZ access to the LAN interface (being as that falls into 'any') also?

So, is there a way of allow a host access to the internet, while still not allowing that host access to more secure networks, without having to add a deny rule also?

Thanks

Terry

3 Replies 3

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Write an acl and the first line would be a deny to the inside LAN, then a permit to any.

HTH>

Thanks Andrew sounds good.

np - glad to help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card