Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Allowing connection from hosts to outside local network via remote gateway

Hello,

today I got a call that one of our employees needs access to a remote machine from his work PC, which wouldn't be a problem, but the remote machine has a private IP address (10.10.x.x) so a person from that company gave me the IP of a remote gateway I have to use and I can't get it to work. I need to know if I'm missing some information from their side or if my configuration is wrong. This is on 8.2 by the way.

On the WAN interface I added an ACL that allows the remote gateway to access the NAT-IP of the network via port 3389 and 3391.

access-list internet_access_in line 1 extended permit object-group DM_INLINE_SERVICE_9 host remotegw host privatenat

The private network on our side already has an ACL that allows access.

I tested the traffic bi-directionally (src. remotegw to dst. privatenat via 3389 and src. privatenetwork to dst. remotegw via 3389) and packet tracer shows me that the packet is allowed, but I can't connect.

Is there something I'm missing when it comes to the firewall configuration or would you say that the problem lies elsewhere?

Thank you

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Can you share the

Can you share the configuration from the ASA device and IP address information description ?

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content