Views
Helpful
Replies

Allowing some ports from a DMZ system to Nondms system

pskipton01
Level 1
Level 1

I want to allow a system in the DMZ (75) access to a

database server in a higher security (100) and also still allow the server in the DMZ access to the internet from inside.

From the inside out to the internet works fine unless I change the access rules.. is there an acl that I use for this or how do I do this. The ports are from internal systems 172.16.10.10(DMZ) to 172.16 20.10(NONDMZ) and need ports 1433,5151, and some in the 14000 range. Can anyone assist me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Firstly, I assume your outside interface has a security level of 0 so both the DMZ and INSIDE interfaces will be able to go outside since their security levels are higher.

To allow the DMZ to talk to a host on the INSIDE, then you must create an access-group and and access-list for the DMZ network.

Let's assume that the DB is a mysql server running on 192.168.1.100 on port 3306 and you have interfaces with DMZ and INSIDE as names.

access-group DMZ_access_in in interface DMZ

access-list DMZ_access_in extended permit tcp any host 192.168.1.100 eq 3306

Of course, you can be more specific with your ACL by adding a host instead of the keyword any, i.e.

access-list DMZ_access_in extended permit tcp host 172.16.10.10 host 192.168.1.100 eq 3306

Hope this helps,

Conor

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,

Firstly, I assume your outside interface has a security level of 0 so both the DMZ and INSIDE interfaces will be able to go outside since their security levels are higher.

To allow the DMZ to talk to a host on the INSIDE, then you must create an access-group and and access-list for the DMZ network.

Let's assume that the DB is a mysql server running on 192.168.1.100 on port 3306 and you have interfaces with DMZ and INSIDE as names.

access-group DMZ_access_in in interface DMZ

access-list DMZ_access_in extended permit tcp any host 192.168.1.100 eq 3306

Of course, you can be more specific with your ACL by adding a host instead of the keyword any, i.e.

access-list DMZ_access_in extended permit tcp host 172.16.10.10 host 192.168.1.100 eq 3306

Hope this helps,

Conor

That should help nicly thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card