Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Annoying problem with PIX Real-time Log

When I view the Real-time Log on a PIX525 (ASDM 5.2(2) & PIX 7.2(2)) and click on an entry to select it(maybe to get more detail on it), I cannot then "unselect" that entry. The annoying bit is that the selected entry stays on the screen while the side scroll bar gradually moves down. If I try and scroll to the top of the screen, it immediately jumps back to the selected entry. It only returns to normal when the selected entry drops off the bottom of the log buffer.

Even more annoyingly, if I type some text into the "filter by" area and hit the filter button, the top entry gets selected automatically, even if I don't actually select it and I again have to wait until the entry drops off the bottom of the buffer before it starts displaying new entries at the top again. The new entries are there, it just won't display the screen long enough to let me see them, unless of course I pause the display.

Does anyone know of a way of "unselecting" an entry?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Same problem here in ASA. There is a workaround.

Right click on log, click "color settings", then click "cancel".

Log message will unselect and will begin to scroll once again. Woo hoo.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

This could be a problem with the software which you are using to communicate with the pix. Usually after a selection is made and fi you click on any unselected part in the console display the selected text should get de-selected

I am using the latest ASDM version, so there isn't any other Cisco software available to use (unless I go for CSM). Clicking on another part of the screen doesn't deselect the selected line, nor does right-clicking or anything else.

I raised it with our external consultantancy providers and they see the same problem, so I think I am stuck with it.

As the title of my post suggests, it's not a major problem, just a bit annoying!

Same problem here in ASA. There is a workaround.

Right click on log, click "color settings", then click "cancel".

Log message will unselect and will begin to scroll once again. Woo hoo.

Ah ha!! It works! Thanks for that gem.

Pete

My pleasure, I actually never tried to fix it until I saw your post. Just stumbled upon it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card