cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anti-X license

eppiet
Level 1
Level 1

I have about 280 users in the office. The Anti-X licnese is either 250 users or 500 users, which the 500 users license is twice that for 250 users.

Most of my users are connected via a proxy server before hitting the firewall. Will the Anti-X appliance consider the proxy server as ONE user? In this case, will I be able to purchase the 250 user license instead?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I had the basically the same type of question a while back, because i was receiving warning messages regarding licensing. It keeps telling me we are over our limit of 500 licenses, when i only have 250 users. The response i received from CISCO was it doesn't really affect anything. The CSM is not going to cut off your users.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

The Cisco ASA 5500 series adaptive security appliance comes with a DES license that provides encryption. You can obtain a 3DES-AES license that provides encryption technology to enable specific features, such as secure remote management (SSH, ASDM, and so on), site-to-site VPN, and remote access VPN. You need an encryption license key to enable this license.

You have missed my point. The encryption license is on the ASA5500 which I have.

My question is on the number of license required if my users are behind a proxy server.

I had the basically the same type of question a while back, because i was receiving warning messages regarding licensing. It keeps telling me we are over our limit of 500 licenses, when i only have 250 users. The response i received from CISCO was it doesn't really affect anything. The CSM is not going to cut off your users.

Thank you Scott. This is good news.

garciahernan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

The Anwer is Yes, I had the same issues, and if all your user use a Proxy Server, the Anti-X only view one IP address, and you can use the minimal licence required, the license referred the maximun simultaneous (IP Address) user in 24 Hours

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card