Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect client profile

Hello,

some doubts about anyconnect..

1. I've created a client profile, then associated it with a group policy, and changed some preferences settings. When I install anyconnect by web-deploy under client preferences those settings are not corresponding. How can I be sure client profile was correctly deployed to the client?

2. Into the same client profile I've configured a server list with a host display name. Then installed anyconnect client. Then removed the list from client profile. However every time I install anyconnect client I always have that host display name. I've tried to uninstall/install many times. Does anyconnect client cache something somewhere ?

3. I noticed that when I login to install anyconnect by web-deploy after anyconnect is installed I have two vpn connections (they actually have the same connection profile and group policy) , clientless and anyconnect. After disconncting anyconnect vpn client clientless vpn connection is still active. Are there any way after web-deploy and anyconnect vpn connection to logout clientless vpn?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

On Windows 7 it's in a hidden folder:

C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.

The file name is preferences_global.xml. Your various profiles should be in a subdirectory there called "Profiles". You can see them update in that folder.

There are also preferences which are in a different hidden folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

rvarelac
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

"tunnel-group-list enable" under the webvpn configuration.  So once the user connect to the proper URL/alias the profile will be applied. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/98580-enable-group-dropdown.html

2. Yes the Anycopnnect store a "Cache " information on the PC , if you want to clan up you have to go to the anyconnect folder on C: on the PC and delete the global_preferences.xml profile.

3. This behavior is totally expected and they should disappear  after a some minutes , however if you wan to force this , you can use the command "vpn-sessionsdb logoff webvpn noconfirm"

Please rate helpful post !

Hope this helps

- Randy -

Actually I do not have any global_preferences.xml file

On Windows 7 it's in a hidden folder:

C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.

The file name is preferences_global.xml. Your various profiles should be in a subdirectory there called "Profiles". You can see them update in that folder.

There are also preferences which are in a different hidden folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client

er.ankitsharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can we add the "OrgInfo.jason" for Cisco Umbrella Roaming client integration with Anyconnect using FMC/FTD ?

I found the below for ASA/ASDM:

1. Navigate to Configuration > Remote Access VPN > Network (Client) Access > AnyConnect Client Profile.
  2. Choose Add.
  3. Give the profile a name.
  4. Choose the Umbrella Security Roaming Client type from the Profile Usage drop-down list. The OrgInfo.json file populates in the Profile Location field.
  5. Click Upload and browse to the location of the OrgInfo.json file that you downloaded from the dashboard.
  6. Associate it with the DfltGrpPolicy at the Group Policy drop-down list.

How can we perform it on FMC/FTD ? Can we use the standlone Anyconnect profile editor for this setup and how ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card