cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect update

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is there any way to have a client by group-policy update the anyconnect client from the ASA and leave the others alone?

Here's the situation. I have a user that wants to stay on 2.3, but I have 2.4 that I want other clients to get. I set up the order for which they're checked, but that only checks the version. If there isn't any version on the workstation, it downloads the 1st line which is 2.3.

svc image disk0:/anyconnect-win-2.3.0254-k9.pkg 1
svc image disk0:/anyconnect-win-2.4.1012-k9.pkg 2

I had thought about reversing these, but that's just going to update the 2.3 client to 2.4. Is it possible to do what I want?

Thanks!

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
1 Reply 1

Nitin Agarwal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You may try tis by the following method.

Try downloading profile editor and create a profile which has automatic update disabled. Keep both anyconnect images in ASA flash and give preference 1 to 2.4.

Now upload the profile in a group policy and get the users authenticated with only that group policy to which profile is added.

Other users who are not part of that group policy will get upgraded to 2.4 and the users in the group-policy with profile will not get upgraded.

Let me know for further queries.

Regards,

Nitin Agarwal

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect25/administration/guide/ac03features.html#wp1158027

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: