Views
Helpful
Replies

applications wise badnwidth monitering

rajbhatt
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have a site to site vpn tunnel from the pix to the router.

I need to see how much bandwidth is being utilized by the remote tunnel.

Please advice what tool I need to use on the pix to check the bandwith for site to site access

From pdm outside interface I see the total bandwidth utilzed not the break up

Thanks in advance

Raj

4 Replies 4

whisperwind
Level 1
Level 1

you would need a traffic analyzer that can record ip addresses in packets to piece together the stream and thus from that you and extrapolaite the bandwidth

Hi,

What I wanted to know was how to configure the mrtg in a machine to moniter the bandwidth taken by the site to site tunnel and also how to send the traffic to the machine running the mrtg .

If u could refer to any links with step by step instruction to configure mrtg

We can identify the sylog or snmp server but how to identify the server with mrtg .

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Raj

whisperwind
Level 1
Level 1

And like i said that is not possible, any utilization tool like mrtg pulls snmp mibs and currently there are nomibs that records the data you wish on a per vpn tunnel basis.

Thus you need something that can id traffic based on flow which a firewall cannot do

If all that traffic flows through an IOS device you can pull it from that. For instance if there is a router that the encrypted traffic flows through - you can just monitor the traffic destined or coming from that vpn peer.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card