cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5500X - firePOWER module

zsmithtek
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot find ANY documentation on installing the sourcefire sw-module on an ASA.  I am following the documentation for the CX module and so far I'm making progress.  I'm stuck with a username/password.  When first recovering the sourcefire image - I am able to connect to the boot partition on the sourcefire module with the user/pass of admin/Admin123 similar to the CX module however after installing the package file and reloading the module, this user/pass no longer works.  Anyone happen to know what the login is to the sourcefire module accessed via 'session sfr console'

Thanks,

Zach

2 Replies 2

zsmithtek
Level 1
Level 1

I have found this.  user: admin |  pass: Sourcefire.  

I have a blog here if you're interested in some information regarding configuring the sourcefire module.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12294976/asa-5500-x-sourcefire-firepower-configuration

Zach

It's also documented as such in the FirePOWER module quick Start guide (step 9).

Reference.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card