I've been working on an asa 5505 config at my office. Getting ready to test at our client site soon and would like to post the sh run output for the experts to review as I'm new to Cisco products. The objectives of this firewall are:
1. Allow internet access from vlan1 (primary LAN).
2. Allow internet access- port 80 and 443 only from vlan12(public wireless hotspot) during peak hours(8:00am-7:00pm).
3. Block traffic from flowing between vlan1 and vlan12.
4. Allow outside access to the server at 192.168.110.11 through ports defined in the HOMS service.
5. Provide client IP addresses through DHCP on vlan1 and vlan12.
What if the connection from the outside will be made through https?
There is a group of ports that I've defined as HOMS service. These ports are needed for application functionality to the outside users. Do I need to consider this when configuring nat? The access rules for HOMS have already been defined and are present in the sh run attachment provided earlier.
Table of ContentsIntroductionVersion HistoryPossible Future
UpdatesDocuments PurposeNAT Operation in ASA 8.3+ SectionsRule Types
Network Object NATTwice NAT / Manual NATRule Types used per SectionNAT
Types used with Twice NAT / Manual NAT and Network Obje...
Table of Contents Introduction:This document describes details on how
NAT-T works. Background: ESP encrypts all critical information,
encapsulating the entire inner TCP/UDP datagram within an ESP header.
ESP is an IP protocol in the same sense that TCP an...