Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)

ASA 5505 Help

Hello,

I'm a networking novice seeking assistance with the following issue:

Recently rehosted my company website with another provider.  Changed A record to point to new provider.  Now cannot access new site from private vlan.

Details:

1 Managed Cisco 2800 series router

1 ASA 5505 Firewall

3 Netgear Switches

2 Vlans (private and guest wifi)

Guest wifi vlan (.100) users can access new site with no problems;  Private vlan (.1) users cannot access new site.  Displays a IIS Site Under Construction page.

Please forgive if not enough information.  Just looking for anyone who can point me in the right direction.

New web hosting company suggested clearing cache on the ASA 5505 but I do not know how to do that.

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: ASA 5505 Help

Your ASA cache (probably ARP cache they are talking about) shouldn't result in what you are seeing. In any case, you can clear it with a simple "clear arp" command. Frankly, that seems like a "go away and I hope you don't call back on my shift" sort of suggestion.

If you get a "Site Under Construction" page, you are getting to a web server - but is it the right one?

Have you checked the resolution of the FQDN on your private VLAN clients ("nslookup "? Are they getting the correct new IP address? If not, they may have either a local host file pointing to the old server or are getting a bad record from their DNS server.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content