Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

ASA 5505 - Increase Inside Hosts license count?

Hello all. I'm sure this question has been answered with certainty somewhere but I'm finding several different posts and to say the least they've left me a bit confused. At the end of the day I simply need to upgrade the license on my ASA 5505 v7.2.4 (upgrade will come later as part of a larger project) to allow for >10 Inside Hosts. From what I've read there seems to be a 50 license upgrade out there. Can this be purchased directly? From whom? Will it only affect the Inside Hosts number and not affect any other licenses, configurations, etc. Just being overly cautious since this is way outside of my normal realm. Thanks for any insight. Below is the current activation-key information....

Result of the command: "show activation-key"

Serial Number:  xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Running Activation Key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Licensed features for this platform:

Maximum Physical Interfaces : 8        

VLANs                       : 3, DMZ Restricted

Inside Hosts                : 10       

Failover                    : Disabled

VPN-DES                     : Enabled  

VPN-3DES-AES                : Enabled  

VPN Peers                   : 10       

WebVPN Peers                : 2        

Dual ISPs                   : Disabled 

VLAN Trunk Ports            : 0        

This platform has a Base license.

The flash activation key is the SAME as the running key.

Everyone's tags (2)
2 REPLIES

You can buy several different licenses from any authorized Cisco ReSeller.  There is a 50-user and an unlimited license.  I always buy my ASA Firewalls with an unlimited as to not run into this issue.

This is just to allow for more then 10 inside hosts to connect through the firewall, for like Internet Access and such.

Thanks,

Kimberly

Thanks and Cheers! Kimberly Please remember to rate helpful posts.
Bronze

If I had it my way it would have been unlimited from the start. Unfortunately I have temporarily inherited this for a very small office who every blue moon tips over the 10 inside hosts mark. Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content