cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 IPSec VPN Question

Matt Hoak
Level 1
Level 1

I have a number of ASA 5505 boxes which I need to reconfigure to work with a Watchguard XTM 850 over IPsec.  The 5505s were previously configured to connect back to a 5510 Firewall using EasyVPN.  With EasyVPN still enabled, the remote boxes attempt to make a connection back, but there are a few settings such as Identity and Encryption types I need to modify to connect to the Watchguard firewalls.  It appears that these settings cannot be changed with EasyVPN enabled.  If I disable it, and change the identity and authentication settings, the boxes do not attempt to make a connection back.  I'm not sure if what I am trying to do is even possible at this point, and I am in dire need of some direction.  

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is not clear from this description what is the problem and it sounds like either some part of your config changes is not correct or that there is some mismatch between your config and the config of the remote device. A starting place would be to post your config (masking off sensitive information such as public addresses and passwords.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card