Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 - retrieve original licence

samlystor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recently purchased a used Cisco ASA 5505 and I accidently (and very stupidly) erased the flash without backing up my licence.

I have generated a demo licence from the Cisco licencing site, so I have basic functionality. However, the email that I received informed me that there is a higher licence already stored for my device.

My question is, is there a way to get that licence back if I can provide the serial number / any other identification to prove I now own the ASA?

Thanks

Sam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Cisco TAC will provide that for you if you purchased via legitimate channels. You will need to contact them directly and ask for licensing team.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Cisco TAC will provide that for you if you purchased via legitimate channels. You will need to contact them directly and ask for licensing team.

Thanks Martin.

Not sure a certain online auction site can be called a legitimate channel! Ive contacted TAC anyway, and am awaiting a reply.

Sam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: