Views
Helpful
Replies

asa 5505 support the redundancy

madudhulamahesh
Level 1
Level 1

Dear sir

After active key.....asa 5505 firewall support  redundancy or not ...please check attachment ... one network down automaticall another network comes an active ..

please help cisco experts ..please  i am fresher .. please guid me

Thank's ...

7 Replies 7

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

to my knowledge, the 5505 doesn't support redundancy or specifically, the interface redundant x command.

you'll need to get a higher ASA platform to acheive your goal.

hi..

after activated key .. it is not support redundancy ....we can apply fail over concept ..

what is difference failover and redundancy ..please help me ..

Thank's you ..

hi,

the 5505 supports active-standby failover, use show version to check, wherein one ASA takes the active role while the other ASA stays in standby mode and takes over in the event the active device fails.

while on the other hand, we increase availability or redundancy within a single ASA device when interfaces are configured as redundant pairs. that is one port is alway active, while the other takes over after detecting an interface failure.

hi..sir

what is difference between  failover concept and redundancy ..please expalne..sir .please sir ..

Thank you ....

Dear sir ..

But i have only one firewall ... ..i understand failover concept ..what about redundancy ..please can you explane ...please sir ..

Thank you ...

Do you mean you want to failover from one ISP to the other?

See the link below for details:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/pix-500-series-security-appliances/70559-pix-dual-isp.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card