Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ASA 5505 VLAN or Trunk config

Hello all,

I'm new to configuring ASA 5505, I got a security plus license which allows multiple VLANs.

I want to be able to configure the ASA to allow only RDP session (One way) to another Switch where all the VLANs are. I've attached a pic of what I want but I'm struggling.

P.jpg

I looked at documentation saying you should have inside and outside interface but I'm not sure on this scenario.
I've configured inside interface on ASA e0/1 and interface VLANs but not sure what to do between ASA and Switch

Any ideas?

Thanks

Everyone's tags (3)
2 REPLIES
Red

Hi,

Since you have security plus license, you can configure another interface or vlan on the ASA 5505, and the traffic from inside to this interface can be restricted through ACL's. But this is only if its a L3 switch.

Other wise you can create 5 more vlans on the ASA apart from the inside and outside, for each network and allow RDP.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Security Team,
Cisco TAC

Thanks, Varun Rao Security Team, Cisco TAC

It's running L2  - lanbase-mz.122-35.SE5

Do you mean switchport access vlan 10 on an ethernet port? and the same for switch? wouldn't this be a waste of ports?

There's another switch with VLAN 10 - 50

I'm planning to join a second ASA 5505 for failover in future so not sure how to go about this. Any sampe configs with similar set up?

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies