Helpful
Replies

ASA 5506-X - multiple static IPs

Michigan
Level 1
Level 1
Hey. I have problem with ASA config.

My network looks like this:

- WAN connected to the router (EdgeMax PRO) to eth0.
- router (eth1) connected to the server (DELL R410).
- in the router on eth1 I have configured the entire class /24 of IPs

Both the server and the router are configured with static IP (without DHCP).

I want to enable Cisco ASA 5506-X with FirePOWER Services between the router and the server.
Unfortunately, I have a problem with configuring the firewall.
How can I configure a firewall to support 256 static IPs?

Wiring looks like that:

415359.jpg
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You could configure the ASA to run in transparent mode. It's like a L2-switch that also runs a firewall. If your goal is not to change the infrastructure but still protect the server, then this will be the easiest approach.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I dont understand what you mean by "the firewall to support 256 static IPs"?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

You could configure the ASA to run in transparent mode. It's like a L2-switch that also runs a firewall. If your goal is not to change the infrastructure but still protect the server, then this will be the easiest approach.

Thank you. Yes this is exactly what I want to do. I do bot want to change anything in my router/server config. I just want to put a firewall between the server and the router. How can I do it in the simplest way?

I found this but it is complicated.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa93/configuration/general/asa-general-cli/interface-transparent.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card