Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ASA 5510 5520 VPN-3DES-AES licence

Hi All,

My current situation is that I am doing a project at university that will be using 3 Cisco ASAs. I have been given two ASA5510s and one ASA5520. They were given to me with version 7.0 images on them with ASDM 5.0, this i was having issues with ASDM on windows 7 so i decided to upgrade to a newer version. (i worked in industry last year and still had copies of the images). i installed asa822-k8.bin and ASDM 625-53.bin and after the install had no HTTPS access to the devices. After a little digging i found that somehow during the upgrade, the VPN-3DES-AES feature had been disabled.

After a little more digging i found a link that said the licence was free, the steps through this required a PAK code and that and that’s where i got stuck. Unfortunately the university does not have the PAK codes for the devices. Is there any trial licence available for VPN-3DES-AES? Or any other way to get the licences?

Thanks

apilbeam

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

ASA 5510 5520 VPN-3DES-AES licence

Ummm, just becasue you have an image doesn't entitle you to install it on any hardware you come across.

Sorry but if you don't have a support contract on the ASA 5510 and 5520s you're using, I believe you're violating the license agreement (which you agreed to when you initially downloaded the image) by installing the image on them. Version 7.0 is old (ca. 2007-2008) and Cisco doesn't provide free / trial upgrades for ASA system software. A support contract is the legitimate way to keep your software current.

Views
Helpful
Replies