Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

ASA 5510 and Having two outside interfaces for Voice and Data

Hello to all,

I have a question regarding firewall configurations. Is it possible to have two interfaces ( for two internet service providers) one for voice and one for data. Can I have two Outside Interfaces that one will apply to a pppoe client group and the other will apply to a static IP? Is this possible and if so What would be the steps on applying this connection? Also to note I have a point to point connection already established for the pppoe. I also have another point to point connection for data, but however I do not know how to apply this to the firewall.

Thank You , any input or opinions are much appreciated.

TC

Everyone's tags (3)
3 REPLIES

Yes.. you may have. But for atleast one connection (for the Voice) you need to point to specific routes than default.

Create two outside (1 &2) interface with same security level (0) with proper config to get IP (static/PPOE).

Say outside1- for Voice   & 2 is for Data

route outside1 Nexthop 1

route outside2 0 0 1 --> User PC internet access

related nat commands.

hth

MS

PS: point to point connection for data--> what kind? Ethernet or T1- ASAs does not support T1/DS3 connections.

mvsheik123,

Thank you for the reply back. for the point to point (data connection), this is a EVPL 2M. Provided by a local ISP.

Thanks again

Tim

Hi Tim,

I never worked on EVPL handoff Vs ASA, but as long as it let you add an ip address and specify next hop ip (as other end point??), you are good to go.

Thx

MS

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content