Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 Configuration out of sync

cyberjet1
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings to All,

I have an ASA5510 running ASDM 7.1(1)52 ASA v 8.4(5). When I go to the Firewall Dashboard I see "config out of sync" for source and destination and "not available" under service. I have Goolge and found that I should clear the ASDM Cache and clear the internal Log Buffer but this not clear the problem.

Can you please let me know what I need to do to remedy this situation.

Thank you,...Ramon

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Can you check the CLI to see if it states the same?

Value our effort and rate the assistance!

View solution in original post

show failover on the primary and secondary, if you don't know how to get to the CLI you can do it over ASDM through tools> command line interface> then just run show failover

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

cyberjet1
Level 1
Level 1

Title updated.

Can you check the CLI to see if it states the same?

show failover on the primary and secondary, if you don't know how to get to the CLI you can do it over ASDM through tools> command line interface> then just run show failover

Here it is:

Result of the command: "show failover"

Failover Off

Failover unit Secondary

Failover LAN Interface: not Configured

Unit Poll frequency 1 seconds, holdtime 15 seconds

Interface Poll frequency 5 seconds, holdtime 25 seconds

Interface Policy 1

Monitored Interfaces 5 of 110 maximum

Your response is greatly appreciated Jumora. Thank you,  I will post the result tomorrow I don't have access now.

You don't have failover enabled so the stats that you are seeing could be cosmetic but since the feature is disabled you actually don't need to view or take any of that information in consideration.

Thanks again for your response. You are correct failover is not enable since there is only one ASA. I do have the unit setup with two ISP. The "out of sync" and "and service not available" were not there upon initial setup. What else could cause this condition?

Regards,...Ramon

I checked a couple of issues and it seems that after a reload the configuration stops displaying this output. Have you tried to reload the box??

I will give that a try....Thanks

Sorry, what I meant to say was that I saw a couple of tickets similar to this behavior and the issue got resolved after a reload.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card