Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 internet speed problem

mudassarfa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

we are having asa5510 firewall in our office in which we were connected 20mbps internet.  but recently we upgraded to 400mpbs internet but when we check the speed test its showing only 100 mbps.  so can anyone advice me whether asa 5510 outside interface supports 400mbps connection.  is there anything i can do in the firewall in order to support all 400 mbps connection

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

(Moved thread to Security > Firewalling)

An ASA 5510 with the default Base license is limited to 100 Mbps Fast Ethernet interfaces. If you have the upgraded Security Plus license, you get two interfaces bumped up to 1 Gbps. However the aggregated throughput of the appliance is only 300 Mbps. Note AGGREGATED i.e., not for a single flow.

in practical application, if you want to fully utilize your 400 Mbps circuit you should consider upgrading your platform (which has been end of sales for several years) to something like an ASA 5516-X. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

(Moved thread to Security > Firewalling)

An ASA 5510 with the default Base license is limited to 100 Mbps Fast Ethernet interfaces. If you have the upgraded Security Plus license, you get two interfaces bumped up to 1 Gbps. However the aggregated throughput of the appliance is only 300 Mbps. Note AGGREGATED i.e., not for a single flow.

in practical application, if you want to fully utilize your 400 Mbps circuit you should consider upgrading your platform (which has been end of sales for several years) to something like an ASA 5516-X. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: