cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 ssh version

trimodaljohn
Level 1
Level 1

We have an ASA 5510 running 8.0(2). I'd like to set it running ssh version 2. To detect the current running version, I see there is a show running-config ssh version command in the document. But when this command is typed in, no any output. How to know which ssh version is running?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the running config does not have a 'ssh version' command, the default is to allow both version 1 and 2.

You can verify this with 'show ssh'.

If you only want to allow version 2, configure 'ssh version 2'.

hth

Herbert

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the running config does not have a 'ssh version' command, the default is to allow both version 1 and 2.

You can verify this with 'show ssh'.

If you only want to allow version 2, configure 'ssh version 2'.

hth

Herbert

Thanks Herbert. The show running-config ssh version does not work. But show ssh is fine.

John,

thanks for the rating. Just to clarify:

"show running-config ssh version" means "show me all the commands in the running config, that start with 'ssh version' ".

So if this returns nothing, it doesn't mean that the command is not working, it simply means that you do not have any "ssh version ..." commands in your config. And in that case, i.e. if you do not explicitly configure either version, then the ASA will allow both version 1 and 2.

If you only want to allow version 2, then do

conf t

ssh version 2

After that, "show run ssh version" will show "ssh version 2".

hth

Herbert

Don't forget wr mem :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: