cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 URL Filtering problem

jkerr
Level 1
Level 1

I have a mechanic that is trying to update his vehicle computer through ACDelco's website. It is all Java based. There are 5 tabs on the website that interface with the computer; reading or dumping various programs to update the vehicles.

One of the tabs doesn't work; though they all run essentially the same java based program. I've added the website URL to my exceptions list on the CSC page, and when I click save, it will load (this is do to the soft boot of the ASA). Once the ASA is back up, it doesn't work. I've tried listing his PC IP address as an exception, as well as disabling the URL Filtering, to no avail. The only time it works is during a soft boot of the ASA. Any help or suggestions?

2 Replies 2

jj27
Spotlight
Spotlight

Do a PING of the ACDelco website he is trying to get to so you can obtain the IP address.

On your access list that passes traffic to the CSC module, create an entry for line one that denies connection from any to that IP address.

For example, your CSC access list is CSC_IN and the IP address of AC Delco is 1.2.3.4:

access-list CSC_IN extended line 1 deny ip any host 1.2.3.4

This should put the deny statement at the top of the access list before any of your permit statements that pass traffic to the module and prevent it from getting sent to the CSC.

That worked! Thank you for your assistance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card