cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 with two different ISPs

mcampbell1
Level 1
Level 1

Currently we have a T1 for data connected to a 1721 Router that is connected to an ASA 5510.  We would like to add a FIOS line for dedicated online backup.  Is it possible to connect the FIOS router to the ASA and route the IP from our backup server to use the FIOS line and everyone else continue to use the T1?  Thanks in advance for your help.

3 Replies 3

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Michael,

If you are requirement is that when the T1 line goes down the traffic should be routed through the FIOS line, then you can do that through SLA monitoring on ASA, here's how:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00806e880b.shtml

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

Thank you for the response.  What I am looking to do would be to have both the T1 and the FIOS lines connected to the ASA and active.  All trafic would use the T1 for internet except for the backup server that would use the FIOS line for internet.  I realise I could just connect the FIOS router to the backup server and use a differnet gateway assigned to the FIOS router but I wanted to take advnatage of the ASA if possible.  Thanks.

Can you let me know the code you are running on the ASA???

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card