Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)

asa 5512-x cx module and botnet filter

Could someone point me to the link if this question has already been posted. 

Hi guys, my question is simple. Do I need to also run the botnet filter if I have the asa 5512-x with cx module and IPS? I am currently running CX module version 9.3, and yes I have AVC, WSE and IPS. However it appears the botnet filter on the ASA device is being ignored completely by network traffic. I have configured the filter in the same way I have on a working 5505.

Thanks in advance for any commennts or suggestions.

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

They should be able to co

They should be able to co-exist although I have not personally seen anyone using both together simultaneously. The WSE and AVC does a more comprehensive job at the same sort of thing the legacy Botnet Filter is designed to protect against.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

They should be able to co

They should be able to co-exist although I have not personally seen anyone using both together simultaneously. The WSE and AVC does a more comprehensive job at the same sort of thing the legacy Botnet Filter is designed to protect against.

Thanks for the reply Marvin.

Thanks for the reply Marvin. I didn't think I needed the botnet filter. I won't be renewing it next year.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content