Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ASA 5512-X inter-VLAN routing

Do you need security plus for inter-vlan routing with the ASA 5512-X?  I cannot seem to find a part number that includes the security plus bundle for the 5512.  I am upgrading from a 5505 with security plus and I need to know if the same license is needed for the 5512.  Thanks

• Firewalling
1 REPLY
Super Bronze

Re: ASA 5512-X inter-VLAN routing

Hi,

To my understanding the ASA5512-X model basically corresponds to the ASA5510 model.

The ASA5505 doesnt (atleast yet) have a new version of it and its also quite different from licensing perspective from the other ASA models old and new. For the ASA5505 you did need the Security Plus license to enable additional Vlans and Trunking capabilities.

The ASA 5512-X should not need any additional Security Plus license to achieve this (nor did the ASA5510 to my understanding). To my understanding the Security Plus license would bring support to more Vlans and some other limits are increased or features supported

Have a look at this document to compare the Base License and Security Plus license of the ASA5512-X (Page 3)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa84/license/license_management/license_86.pdf

Hope this helps

- Jouni

Views
Helpful
Replies