cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5520 Gig Interface Config Issue

jtmullis82
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure a IP Address on a Cisco ASA 5520. After configuring the IP I do a show int ip brief and it shows my interface Up and Up the method is manual but it says my IP is unassigned. If I do a show run it shows the IP address assigned to the port. It is only on the show int ip brief it doesnt seem to be showing. My other interfaces that show up on the show int ip brief say method CONFIG and they show the IP's. I cannot ping the interface I am having problems with so i know it is not working. Please help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The interface has no ''nameif'' enabled.

Configure the ''nameif'' command under the interface and try again.

Federico.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joseph,

Is the ASA getting an IP from DHCP on that interface or static?

Can you post the following:

sh run int e0

sh int ip bri

Federico.

It is a static IP. The interface I am having a issue with is Gig0/1 one of the working interfaces is Gig0/3. I will give a printout for both..

interface Gigabitethernet0/3

nameif inside

security-level 100

ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0

interface Gigabitethernet0/1

security-level 100

ip address 10.1.25.17 255.255.255.0

YPG-ASA5520-1# show int ip brief

interface                         IP-Address        OK?     Method     Status     Protocol

GigabitEthernet0/0          6.7.0.13            YES     CONFIG     up          up

GigabitEthernet0/1          unassigned        YES     manual       up         up

GigabitEthernet0/2          unassigned        YES     unset      administratively down down

GigabitEthernet0/3          10.10.10.1         YES     CONFIG     up          up

Management0/0              192.168.1.1        YES    CONFIG     down      down

The interface has no ''nameif'' enabled.

Configure the ''nameif'' command under the interface and try again.

Federico.

that fixed it, thank you Frederico

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card