Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ASA 5520 Management Port

Does anyone else have problems routing to the management port? I have a router with a 8 port L2 switch module. On my router I created a VLAN for a /27 network and created an SVI. I set the IP address the Mgmt port and then attached it to a port on the switch module in this VLAN. From a computer on the switch module (but different VLAN) I'm able to ping the SVI. But I'm not able to the Mgmt port. From the switch I'm able to ping the Mgmt port and I can ssh into the Mgmt port. On the switch it shows a directly connected route to the new VLAN, and the port shows it's up and running. IP routing is turned on in the switch.

Also I connected a computer to the VLAN with the management port and it was able to ping, ssh, and ASDM into the Management port. I was able to ping the computer from a computer in another VLAN on the switch.

I've attached a rough drawing to show the network. Basically I need to be able to ssh from the Inside computer to the Mgmt port of the ASA.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES

Re: ASA 5520 Management Port

Attachment

Silver

Re: ASA 5520 Management Port

By default the mgmt port is for management only. Did you issue "no management-only" on the mgmt interface?

Pasting config would be helpful.

Thanks,

Chad

Please rate if this helps!

Views
Helpful
Replies