Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ASA 5585-X SSP20 Context License

Hello Everyone,

I Have two Firewalls 5585-X SSP20 work with HA in a single mode, i have a license key to work in multiple mode and enable 10 contexts, but, when i try to enable the new activation-key, i receive the message bellow:

Validating activation key. This may take a few minutes...

The following features available in running permanent activation key are NOT

available in new permanent activation key:

10GE I/O

My question is, if i enable this new activation key, i will lost the 10GE interfaces?

Tks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super Bronze

Hi,

We also have several ASA5585-X SSP20 units but none with 10G I/O. I guess its something you have specifically gotten originally or added with some other activation key?

I would imagine that you will loose 10G I/O if you input that activation key.

I would suggest you contact the people through which you got the license and ask for a new one. I have had this happen to me a couple of times where I have gotten a wrong license for our ASA units and had to ask for a new one.

- Jouni

2 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Hi,

We also have several ASA5585-X SSP20 units but none with 10G I/O. I guess its something you have specifically gotten originally or added with some other activation key?

I would imagine that you will loose 10G I/O if you input that activation key.

I would suggest you contact the people through which you got the license and ask for a new one. I have had this happen to me a couple of times where I have gotten a wrong license for our ASA units and had to ask for a new one.

- Jouni

Hello Jouni,

I sent a e-mail to ciscolicensing and the keys were merged.

Now is working fine.

Tks.

Views
Helpful
Replies