cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 55xx and Videoconferencing and VCS

vipersl65
Level 4
Level 4

I'm not a Security or ASA guy but I always encounter on all my projects the question of "can you help me translate into a configuration that TCP/IP ports you need for your videoconferencing?"

APpreciate it a lot if someone can send or email or PM me a working config(scrubs the confidential info) of the ASA that will work for the setup that has

VCS Control

VCS Expressway

Internal video endpoints calling External (different company's) endpoints

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Well, there is no special configuration, it really depends on the device you are using, the protocols and the support for NAT. Basically, If the VCS needs to be accesed from the internet, I would use an static 1 to 1 and translate the device to a public IP, Then allow the voice protocol to be use and finally, enable the inspection depending of the protocol to be used (Most of the time h323).

Hope it helps.

Mike

Mike

Sory forgot to add more details.

The protocols will be H.323 and SIP.  Tandberg(now Cisco) has a document that lists all the TCP and UDP ports that are required to be open in the firewall.

It is just translating those ports into an actual ASA command lines or config that I need since I am not an ASA guy.

I just want to help the customer that is asking for assistance as I always encounter this question and it is a bt frustrating not have the info.  I am enrolling myself in an ASA class soon though.

Hi,

Basically if your Tandberg is sitting on the inside, and the calls are coming from the outside, you will just need an access list permitting port TCP 1720 (control channel for H323) TCP/UDP 5060 (Control channel for SIP). Also, make sure that the inspections are configured on the firewall, to see that, you will need to do a show run policy-map, that will list the protocols to be inspected.

The RTP ports, will be opened dynamically on demand if the inspections are configured.

Mike

Mike
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card