cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 8.0(2) do not have traffic shape feature?

spidermanchar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Recently I want to apply traffic shape on my ASA5520, but after entering the configure mode of policy-map, I couldnot find the shape command.. If I type the command, the device would notify me that there is no such command.. 

My version is 8.0(2), does anyone of you have idea about this?

PS. Police command is working fine...

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Victor

5 Replies 5

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

I used my favorite search engine and used the text "cisco asa 8.0.(2) configuration guide"

The fourth link was http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/configuration/guide/fwmode.html

The 8th chapter down "Applying QoS Policies"

Under "Configuring QoS"

"Configuring a Service Rule for Traffic Shaping and Hierarchical Priority Queuing"

It took me 2 mins to find this.

HTH>

Thanks Andrew,

But how to configure traffic shape is not my problem. My problem is that in my ASA5520, the command 'shape' is 'Unreconginazed command'...

Best regards,

Victor

So you followed the configuration steps in the document - like below

Step 1

policy-map name

Example:

hostname(config)# policy-map shape_policy

Adds or edits a policy map. This policy map must be different from the hierarchical priority-queuing map.

Step 2

class class-default

Example:

hostname(config-pmap)# class class-default

Identifies all traffic for traffic shaping; you can only use the class-default class map, which is defined as match any, because the security appliance requires all traffic to be matched for traffic shaping.

Step 3

shape average rate [burst_size]

Example:

hostname(config-pmap-c)# shape average 
70000 4000

?????

Yes, I followed the guide exactly...

OK - post the config and any errors you are seeing?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card