Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)

ASA 8.0(4)32 RDP plugin java problems with MS TS 2003 cluster with Session Directory

Hello,

In this thread https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/242806 j.vonk@sxb.nl described following problem:

Another problem i found is that the used ProperJavaRDP software has stopped development somewhere around 2005. It does not support the Session Directory when used in an Win2003 ent. environment so loadbalancing your Terminal servers is in my opinion impossible.

My workaround at this time is to pull a single TS out of the CSS loadbalancing pool and publish it as a standalone TS for webVPN users.

I found that the rdesktop1.5 project does support the Session Directory but i can't seem to find any documentation how to create a plug-in for our ASA's from it.

All help appreciated, sorry i have no answer for the Java 6.x (for this moment.) but i thought let's keep it together here ;-)

does anyone know if this ever is going to be fixed by cisco?

Is there any other solution for this in terms of clientless vpn for non-IE users?

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: ASA 8.0(4)32 RDP plugin java problems with MS TS 2003 cluste

Arjan,

We don't develop the plugins, we only write wrapper in which the plugins can be run.

In case you described smart-tunneling mstsc.exe is a common workaround if I understand the technical problem behind it.

Marcin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content