cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA and BASIC URL filtering

gpedretty
Level 1
Level 1

I did a quick search, and found some related threads, but nothing that really definitively answered my question. My organization needs to do some BASIC URL filtering- just block a couple of websites such as myspace.com and the like-obviously, for something like this, we don't need the cost or complexity of commercial solutions such as a websense server. My question for the group is is there a way to set up an ASA 5510 for this type of basic filtering? If not, as what I have seen would appear to imply, might someone have a suggestion for some other, preferably free, solution?

On a related note, if this is not possible with the ASA, then what exactly does the service policy and associated HTTP Inspection map section of the ASA do (not the filter, but the service policy)? The documentation I have been able to find has just left me confused- it would seem to be geared towards people who already know what the feature is/does, and just want to know how to set it up.

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide

--------

Israel Brewster

Computer support Technician

Frontier Flying Service

Fairbanks, AK

15 Replies 15

yes it is working sucessfuly for my asa 5505

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card